View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:12 PM   #9
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I nipped it in the bud...

I brought my new little Bichon puppy home to a 6-year-old dog that I had. She was so sweet and gentle that I didn't expect any problem at all. We hadn't even come into the house when, behind my back, she somehow got hold of the little pup and threw him clear out in the front yard. It surprised and frightened me to death. The puppy was crying at the top of his lungs, and I was afraid that she had really hurt him, but he was okay. She was jealous-jealous-jealous.

I immediately spanked her very very hard - with a good amount of shaking and a lot of very stern talk. She had never been spanked before in her life - nor was she ever spanked again after that. I don't think I had ever even been mad at her before. But, what she did just couldn't ever happen again.

From that moment on - she never hurt the pup, but she would lie on the davenport or floor and growl at him. She just didn't like him and was very jealous. I continued speaking to her in a very stern voice whenever she growled. And before a few weeks had gone by, they became fast friends. And, for years (as long as I had her) you couldn't separate them. They were very good friends. They played together, ate together, and slept together always.

That was the only spanking Dutchess ever got in her life and the only one she ever needed. But, I had to do it. She could easily have killed the little puppy. And, she was never mean to him again. I think this worked well with Dutchess because she was so sweet and gentle and had never been spanked or spoken to in that manner before. It made a big impresson on her.

I will have to admit that much of my reaction was spontaneous. Everything happened so fast, and I was so afraid for the little puppy's life. I just spanked and scolded her before I even knew what I was doing. But - it was necessary.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!