View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

First of all, welcome to YT.

I am no expert, but maybe your little one is a little one. (?) While the parents may be of a certain size, nothing says that a tiny could not be a result. You cannot tell 100% of the time.

It certainly sounds as though you are taking all the necessary steps to ensuring her health although I would not add olive oil or bacon grease to her food. There are better alternatives such as salmon oil. There are other alternatives as well but I am not an expert. I would highly suggest that you curtail your husband from giving her so much table scraps. Since she is so small, it would not take much for her to become ill should she get something that is not good or may be too rich or too fatty for her.

Her hair situation could just be growing pains and her coat may fill in as time goes on. There are many suggestions for foods in the health and diet section. I am sure someone will come along soon with a lot more knowledge in that area than I.

I was feeding mine Natural Balance rolls for a long while and now I feed Stella and Chewys freeze dried raw. Every once in awhile they still get a bit picky but over all they love this food. But as you pointed out she is just a puppy and she will need the nutrition that is in puppy food. At 4 months old, I remember our vet telling use that they should be feed about 3 -4 x a day at this point. More on the 3 x but since she is so tiny, I would feed 4-5 times or just leave her kibble out. Her stomach is probably the size of nickel so she will fill up quickly. Have you tried adding some water or seaonless chicken broth to her kibble? Maybe this will make it easier for her to chew it.

Good luck. What is her name?
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!