View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
So glad Harley did so well. I hope Bella does the same on Saturday. We are flying to Montreal, staying over and off to Key West on Sunday. How old is Harley. Did he not bark at all on the plane. I am so afraid Bella will whine or bark to get out of her bag. She is great in the car in it. We took her for a drive last night and put her in it and down on the floor by my feet. She whined a little at first, but once the car started and we were driving she was fine. Did you give Harley anything. I got some Rescue Remedy but am waiting back for answers from other members that have used it to see how their baby's reacted. I couldn't get the pet one only the regular, so I don't know how much to give her. Anyways I am soo Happy your flight was good . I hope mine is as well.
Harley is a little over a year old. He's not a barker, he growled at me in the lobby, but apparently his kong wasn't satisfactory while I was eating a donut. I wouldn't give anything for short flights (not sure where Key West is), this was his first flight ever, and he was wonderful. He went to sleep as soon as I put him by my feet, I gave him his kong in the lobby while waiting to board, took him out in the bathroom for a dribble of water, and boarded, and he stayed in his bag the whole time. West Jet, is wonderful. I was allowed to open the carrier and give him water (but I didn't) and stroke him if he got bad (which he didn't), as long as the carrier stayed on the floor. Plus I got to pre-board, which gave me time to get him settled, before everyone else got on.

The airlines recommend you do not give them anything if in the cabin, I asked before whether I should get something from the vet and they said no... also if it makes you feel better, Harley had an ear infection, and his ears did not bother him at all (I worried about that), the vet said he'd be fine.

I think you should be fine, if you have a squeaker or barker then you may need to give them something to do so they don't get upset, but I just loaded the bottom of his bag with a fluffy blanket and 3 toys one of each texture (soft, chewy and hard), so he could be occupied.

Also be prepared to strip your little one at security, on the way I had to take everything off of him, his micro chip didn't set anything off, but I still brought his papers just in case.

Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!