View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #12
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I'm not sure if I understand the question but I'm not providing anything I've written myself or really looking to make a concrete definition of any category of breeders; rather provide some information on the difference between breeding practices of reputable vs disreputable breeders to help those looking for a new baby find a good breeder. I know when I was a newbie I would've liked to have a "checklist" of red flags/green flags per se. I don't think any one article can be used as "law" but I think compiled together it covers well and helps to provide a general feeling for breeders who care. I'm sure not every single "point" is agreed by every single person and that's A-OK, but overall it should be a good guide. The "name" isn't what's important- providing some info to help someone in finding a good breeder is.

I have found lots of good info online; but I'd really like to also include something to help newbies know what a worthwhile health guarantee looks like, in addition to all the other information. Just one piece of a large puzzle.

A COMPARISON OF: Responsible Hobby Breeders and Backyard Breeders/Irresponsible Breeders
Read through one column, and read through the opposite. I think you can get a good feeling for how it goes.

My only intent is to help newbies get headed in the right direction knowing how to detect red flags, and avoiding the heartache of buying a sick puppy. Knowing what to look for, and what to avoid.

I hope I answered your questions.
Yes you did thanks for the clarification...I'm totally understanding now. I was like so confused with what I thought you were saying I was like on overload with the variables otherwise, and who and how determination...anyways doesn't matter I misunderstood! Thank you for the clarification!

A checklist for newbies (or those of us who learned the hard way) on what red flags may be and a bit about health guarantees...got it!

I'll throw this in now...I really wish the AKC had a basic health guarantee they made their registered breeders give out as the standard, not sure what it would be other than what they already ask but if it was all uniformed that would be nice...just putting it out there...so many buyer hear AKC and think that's all they need to know.

Don't they have a recommendation already though (on health contracts)?
I like their points here on what a breeder should have as basics, American Kennel Club - AKC Breeder

P.S. love the link you posted on...

Last edited by concretegurl; 01-01-2011 at 11:38 PM.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!