View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
AMD
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
I have to ask is there an agree upon definition of each...?

BYB-?Are all hobby breeders BYB? Are BYB just pup mills in low in hime numbers run by one person...is a BYB just an inexperienced throw two dog sin the yard breeders?

PUPmills-hm pretty obvious I guess.

Responsible breeders-I think anyone whom test their dogs, practices responsible breeding methods-well it's a long list but I differ from many as I don't consider those who breed certain types of Yorkies irresponsible as other do...hence my asking for definitions here as to what is being considered...

So I'm not trying to create drama here but really asking...also is that off topic here? Am I not understanding your question maybe? Are you only making such a determination based on the health guarantee or in conjunction with some research and health guarantees...

"can you please rephrase the question"

I really hope no one but the OP answers this as not to disrupt the thread but just to clarify for me what the criteria for this research is...I didn't PM this since I was thinking maybe someone else is reading this and wondering the same thing so they may also want to see your response.
I'm not sure if I understand the question but I'm not providing anything I've written myself or really looking to make a concrete definition of any category of breeders; rather provide some information on the difference between breeding practices of reputable vs disreputable breeders to help those looking for a new baby find a good breeder. I know when I was a newbie I would've liked to have a "checklist" of red flags/green flags per se. I don't think any one article can be used as "law" but I think compiled together it covers well and helps to provide a general feeling for breeders who care. I'm sure not every single "point" is agreed by every single person and that's A-OK, but overall it should be a good guide. The "name" isn't what's important- providing some info to help someone in finding a good breeder is.

I have found lots of good info online; but I'd really like to also include something to help newbies know what a worthwhile health guarantee looks like, in addition to all the other information. Just one piece of a large puzzle.

A COMPARISON OF: Responsible Hobby Breeders and Backyard Breeders/Irresponsible Breeders
Read through one column, and read through the opposite. I think you can get a good feeling for how it goes.

My only intent is to help newbies get headed in the right direction knowing how to detect red flags, and avoiding the heartache of buying a sick puppy. Knowing what to look for, and what to avoid.

I hope I answered your questions.
AMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!