View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcmsw View Post
This would be a good idea as long as there are sources sited and not based on anecdotal evidence or opinions. It's important all that hard work compiling actually amounts to something.
I am pretty sure anecdotal evidence & opinions are ALL that will be available. Who would be keeping statistics and where would they possibly get them? Whenever we try to compare BYB vs. Puppy Mill vs. Reputable breeders, the problem comes into play that everyone thinks they are in that last category. So we will have to go with EDUCATED opinions.

This is a fantastic idea for a sticky! Newbies DO need to know what to look for. I think one nice place for Florida buyers to look is their own Puppy Lemon Law. It provides for a LOT more in a Health Guarantee than most of the breeders offer in their contracts. This always ticks me off a little as they SHOULD know what the law requires of them as breeders. So, if they are offering less and know it, then that would amount to trying to cheat their own buyers. Shame!

Here is the FL Puppy Lemon Law: http://www.forthevoiceless.org/Florida_lemon_law.html

I like how it offers the buyer 3 options: return puppy, get refund; return puppy, get replacement; and KEEP puppy & get $$$ for vet up to cost of puppy.

I do not like health guarantees that do not give the option of keeping the puppy, especially when you are talking the one year genetic guarantee. Can you imagine having a pup for a year and then trading him in for a replacement -- NO!

Last edited by FlDebra; 01-01-2011 at 07:52 PM.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!