View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
cajungal
YT Addict

Lacey mostly did this as a puppy until a year old. We taught her to stay at a very young age. But, she did not actually listen until she got older. When she got a bit older, if she did go out, she did not try to leave our yard. But, the stupid neighbor used to let his bloodhound run loose sometimes and that scared me. He was not a mean dog, really sweet. But, still I don't trust any large dog around my 4 pound yorkie. Once Lacey darted out and there was a dog running loose in our neighborhood. Lacey chased after the dog. My mom had to chase her for a whole entire block before she got her back. My mom is now 57 years old and won't be able to run as fast as she did then. I am just going to leave a sign on the door that nobody can go through the back door . Because when I had Lacey, she was crazy about my dad. He was her shadow. He was always so slow in closing our laundry room door and that is how she kept darting out. Because she would follow him everywhere he went. She was also crazy about car rides and everytime my mom grabbed her keys. She thought she had to go to. So she would run to the door and my mom would always have to scoop her up before shutting the door. I guess I will just have to teach everyone to use our front door everytime and scoop up the puppy beforehand. Our front door has a screen door to it, so she won't be able to get out as fast. It still has me very worried, but I am in no way reconsidering getting another yorkie. Because I still want one more than anything even though we STILL have not heard back from our breeder yet about the birth of the puppies.

Last edited by cajungal; 12-17-2005 at 05:00 PM.
cajungal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!