View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
Haven't we all read that poinsettias are poison if eaten.

Well - my little puppy tore a large chunk off of one of my poinsettias and had a mouthful of leaves and was eating them. Plus he had them half eaten scattered all over the front room.

He seemed perfectly fine. But - I got on the Internet to learn more about these plants.

What I learned was that eating poinsettia leaves may make your dog sick and cause some indigestion. They are not poison in the sense that he is going to drop over dead.

Fortunately, my pup had no symptoms at all. And I know for a fact that he ate and swallowed some of the leaves.

Still - it is one plant that we should keep away from our little dogs. We don't want them to get sick.

Carol Jean
hmmm that really differs from what I have always known. I will never own that plant as long as I have pets. Maybe you should call the vet instead of looking it up on the internet. Anyone can make a webpage, unfortunately there is lots of information on the internet, but no way to confirm it but by calling vets. I am glad he is not showing any signs of sickness. I hope that you watch him very closely even so.
Merry Christmas.
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!