View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
EmmaPeel
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil098342wq View Post
Thank you for keeping this story neutral. We had so many people think my mom, Rose, operated a puppy mill. Just to clarify, as so many of the facts were distorted due to the lack of information from Rose, they were almost all poodle mix dogs. Yes it was a tragic loss and the biggest health issue with Rose, though she may not admit it, was she had a mental break down. She lost over 30 of her children in a single night. Though the building was a former trailer, it had been remodeled per USDA guidelines. It was those guidelines which made us put in a plastic wall board, which once it caught fire the smoke was extremely toxic and was the cause of death.

As a note to anyone who owns or operates a licensed kennel, a simple oversight on numerous people, I was one, left some of the pre existing wiring, which was about 8 years old next to a wood block. I presume that a power surge hit, knocking out the switch at the wood block and possibly causing fire inside the electrical box which caught the wood on fire. The building was air tight, except where the wiring exited the building for the outdoor light; hence the fire department blamed that light because that was where all the initial smoke exited the building.

I did contact state at 9 am that morning and was given permission to give the dogs a proper burial on my mom’s property. She has several acres. By noon they were buried and the grave site is maintained by my mother, please don’t think about visiting. I just want you all to know that we cared very much for the dogs, even in the care of their remains. Thank you.
How is Rose faring? : (
EmmaPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!