View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:25 PM   #1
cajungal
YT Addict

Default How do you keep your yorkie from darting outside?

My friend told me some terrible news today that made me really sad. Her aunt's yorkie darted outside and got hit by a car and died. Her cousin opened the door and he ran full speed outside and she could not catch him in time. Her aunt is devastated as I can imagine. I know I had some close calls when I had my yorkie Lacey. My dad would not be fast enough closing the door and she was always under his feet. And she would run full speed out the door. Luckily, we live in a quiet neighborhood without much traffic, but still. Anyone one of those times she could of got hit. Because when she was a puppy, she was so quick. No matter how fast we tried to shut the door, she would sometimes scoot right out. How we kept her safe for 13 and half years is a miracle. Because when she was younger, she would not listen. And my mom had to chase her for a whole block once to get her back.

This is what is worrying me to death about when I get my puppy Chloe. Especially when company tries to come over. I would be devasted if my dog was to run away or get hit. I just want to do everything in my power to keep her safe. Any suggestions?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!