View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I've mentioned this legslation in the past and find it to be a step in the right direction. Pet shops are big business and there are plenty in my area selling to unsuspecting consumers.

Recently, I tried explain to two different people that just because there "Jane Smith" is the name on the paperwork that was given to you does not mean that it's not a puppymill. You know the look with the big glazed over eyes? That was the response to my comment~followed by "no she's a breeder I saw her name". Shortly after that conversation same pet shop different person purchased the saddest looking mess of a Bull Mastiff and she said they went to the breeders home. The puppy is now over a year old, is afraid of everything, the ears do not sit properly on his head, he has bad hip.......it's just sad and every time I see him my heart just aches. Same store, friend who is a groomer...she argued that their puppies didn't come from a mill but a local breeder. At Christmas when the store was closed for days they had the employees take home the puppies to care for while the store was closed for the holiday. Makes we wonder if it might have been an employee's home that they went to visit? Just very sneaky way of doing business.

I guess the point of my rambling is that the if the consumer is savvy enough to take that information home and put it into a Google search to see where the puppies came from this law will be very helpful. If it deters even a few from making that purchase it will be a step in the right direction. Maybe those people will begin to spread the word. Only time will tell.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!