View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey46923 View Post
you are very lucky to have an 89 yr old father still doing so well, although i am sure you see the difference in him and it is hard to cope with.
My mom is 75, still young i think and she should be enjoying her retirement years but sadly she isn't. She would love to be on the go, traveling, shopping ect. but she just can't go anywhere alone. She still has highschool friends that she see's and traveled with in the past and she still wants to go with them.
Thankfully i do have 2 older daughters that help me with mom, and the oldest one is more into the medical field, if not for her i would not have gotten mom off all of the psych meds. and she would not be where she is now.

Good luck with your father.
I'm sorry you and your Mom are dealing with this. Yes, 75 seems fairly young (to me) to be dealing with this issue.

Thanks for your good thoughts. As long as he can stay about where he is now . . and we have the Home Instead people . . then he will continue to live here. But, if got much worse, I could no longer handle him at home. I try to engage him; take him places when I can - to help keep his mind occupied and sharp (as possible). But it IS hard when you have kids and work full-time; there's only so much time to devote to other things, I know.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!