View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I am so heartbroken for you, but there are no words to say that will ease your pain other than to say that I care and understand. It hurts so much to lose a baby that you love so much no matter how old or ill they are. I really think caring for Annie with the medical problems she had from the time she was a baby made your bond and love just that much stronger. You sound like you are a truly special mom and Annie a very special little girl. Losing two loved ones so close together is almost too much for the heart to bear. When we lost our Kiwi several years ago unexpectedly, my husband and I talked and decided that, if anything happened to Gracie, we would add two little ones to our home so that Ashley would have sisters to play with and love. Gracie was a year younger than Ashley but she was tiny, and even though I was always successful in bringing her out of an attack from a collapsing trachea, I knew there might be a time that I wouldn't be able to do so. We lost Gracie four months after Kiwi. My husband is convinced that Gracie died of a broken heart after losing her Kiwi that she idolized so, and I think he may be right about that. I wonder with your two if it was even a small factor. We were so devastated over losing both of our babies, that we just weren't ready for another little one. We waited too long, and although I took my three with me much of the time whenever I wasn't working, Ashley got used to going with me all of the time. When we were ready, we were afraid it might have upset Ashley to have to share our love after always being the center of our attention. Ashley lived a very long and happy life. We made sure to give her the physical and mental stimulation that would keep her healthy and happy. Still, it made us sad that Ashley lost out on having sisters for all those years. I know it’s too soon to consider, but it would help you cope with the sadness that you are feeling if you are able to bring another little one into your lives. I am truly sorry for both of your losses. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need someone to talk with, I am always available, no matter the time of day. Let me know and I will PM you my cell number if you want me to.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .

Last edited by lisaly; 01-01-2011 at 06:50 AM.
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!