View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
abbey46923
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbelland View Post
I am so sorry, dementia is such a difficult thing to go through. I think more and more older folks are getting dementia now. I was taking care of my father in law for some time. He was diagnosed with dimentia among many other things. We ended up keeping him at home the whole time. It was very hard. He just passed this last November.

We do have plenty of nursing homes here. The only thing is not all of them have room for patients with dememtia.
I'm sorry to hear about your FIL passing. And yes more and more elderly are being diagnosed with dementia. I think it's been around for ever, back in the older days they were just labeled as crazy old people. And for the most part were cared for in the home by family
I agree that there are lots of NH but they deal with so many different type's of medical issues that they don't have time or resouces to properly care for dementia patients.
I guess what i meant is there are very few Alzhimer/Dementia facilities avaliable to care for this problem, keep them stimulated and work on memory, how to do basic everyday things.
abbey46923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!