View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
sherry102501
Yorkie Talker

Default dark stool/runny diarreah

I have searched the diarreah threads, but i did not see one about dark brown/black tar-like liquid stool??? my spike woke up throughout the night with this black liquid diarreah spots all over the carpet and potty pads!!! 2 the size of a softball, but all just black liquid--not thin stool, and 20-25 various little spots all over. after we had to leave for work, and came home 7 hrs later, these same liquid tar-like black appearance spots (usually the size of an eraser on a pencil) all over the house with butt-scoot marks in a couple of places, too. He is drinking and eating chicken/rice, just this diarreah problem. Well, this is worth noting also: The vet has him on bedtime anti-vomit pill (1/4 of tab Cimetidine) since he, too, had been vomitting weekly throughout the day, sometimes yellow, other times dark brown and the vet can't figure out why?? When he is on this nightly medicine, he never vomits. Kind of scary considering we are just "putting a bandaid on it" and not determining why vomit?? now diarreah?? it is saturday, so not sure if I should call vet?? We are definately changing vets monday!! We haven't really changed his diet, but he did have a snack of cheese and "lambs lung" treats you can buy at walmart last night. does any one have any feedback regarding the tar-like color of liquid stool (watery), and vomit stuff?? he has had his blood work done every 3 mos and stool was just checked for a similar situation he was in during August. Then the vet just sd it was excessive bad bacteria --rods-- in both my babies stools, and put on antibiotic (Met______ not sure how to spell it?) to clear it up. they have not had diarreah since august--maybe slightly soft but not this black liquid stuff. Help????!!!??? Anxiously awaiting some feedback.
sherry102501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!