View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
Furbaby Friend
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
You're right, having her in a sit stay before you open the door is a much better practice than trying to get her to come afterward. Have her in a sit stay before opening the door. If her little butt comes off the ground the door gets closed again. Put her back in a sit stay and try again.
I chuckled at that part

After I thought about it awhile and used common sense the stay beforehand made a lot more sense.

This is a great approach. Thanks for the idea and the reassurance! I figure I will start with the basic "release." The door would be considered a distraction and would be a part of the later stages of training...especially because it is so tempting for her. I'll elevate her progressively until she's a pro like in the videos!

I'm sure we'll get it right. It will take months maybe even years to get her where I want her to be training wise (like in that video! simply amazing!), but I know we'll get there. She's a real smarty, which is why she gets herself into trouble . I just want her to be such a well behaved girl and I know with patience and attention she'll meet my expectations.
Furbaby Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!