View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Default Bernie had emergency surgery today

Poor guy. Today is the 4th anniversary of our meeting him, and his 3rd surgery since he came home to us. He was acting strangely this morning and I was on the phone with the vet when he began to try to pee on my leg...this was really strange behavior for him, made most worrisome by the fact that nothing came out.

He had some neurological damage when he came to us (he's a rescue) and I worried the whole way to the vet that something more had gone wrong.

Turns out he had bladder/kidney stones and needed immediate surgery to stop the blockage. He came through surgery fine and is recuperating at the vets. They want to watch him for a couple of days.

I know he's in good hands and everything that can be done for him is being done. I'm so relieved it wasn't neurological, but sad for him just the same.

I've begun researching diets for dogs with this problem. He's already on a holistic food that is low protein and low mineral (due to other issues)...it seems all I can do now is try to increase his water intake.

Oh well...if you remember Bernie (it's been awhile since I was around), please keep him in your thoughts/prayers...He's had a bumpy ride.

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!