View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
Furbaby Friend
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseylovestosho View Post
I'll take your word for it...I'm one of those people that can't visualize things well. LOL. Yes, you can have him stay further back and then release right before you leave. You are extremely lucky that you have a neighbor that has well-behaved dogs...I would make them my new best friend!! Training I don't think is different with big vs. small dogs. I think the reason small dogs get the reputation of being "yappy" is that owners think that "bad" behaviors are cute in tiny dogs (i.e. when a 2lb dog growls is not as scary as a 90lb dog growling...). At least that is my opinion. I've read that different breeds have different characteristics, but I don't think it's a big dog versus a small dog issue. Good luck! You'll do great!
Thanks so much for this video! Never knew you don't train stay as a separate command, you just teach them to hold it until "release" that makes so much more sense. I hope Rylie picks it up quick. We are going to start training tonight. I hope this fixes the problem. I'll also talk to my neighbor ASAP.

Other advice is still welcome if available, but we're going to try this. I'll keep everyone posted!
Furbaby Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!