View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
roseylovestosho
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbaby Friend View Post
Well if you think about it... you can't gate a front door, which is essentially what it is. It is technically the side door of our house, but it is built the same way.

Well if I had her stay farther back in the room and then released her right before I shut it and left, wouldn't that work?

I'll ask my neighbor for advice as well. Her dogs NEVER go in the street and they just roam free in the front yard and they ALWAYS listen to her. Maybe she can help me. Her dogs are really big though, so I don't know if it is different for the little ones.
I'll take your word for it...I'm one of those people that can't visualize things well. LOL. Yes, you can have him stay further back and then release right before you leave. You are extremely lucky that you have a neighbor that has well-behaved dogs...I would make them my new best friend!! Training I don't think is different with big vs. small dogs. I think the reason small dogs get the reputation of being "yappy" is that owners think that "bad" behaviors are cute in tiny dogs (i.e. when a 2lb dog growls is not as scary as a 90lb dog growling...). At least that is my opinion. I've read that different breeds have different characteristics, but I don't think it's a big dog versus a small dog issue. Good luck! You'll do great!
roseylovestosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!