View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Furbaby Friend
YT 500 Club Member

Exclamation HELP!!! Rylie has become a darter...

My baby zoomed out the door today after my mother and just RAN for the road. I tried calling her to "come," which she knows... but she completely ignored me . Luckily, we caught her but I was so scared!!!

She's never done this before. In fact, she's always avoided going out unless I leash her up and drag her out there. However, I'm thinking that was maybe due to the cold? It is unusually nice out today.

I'm scared that she'll get out and next time we won't catch her. What can I do to teach her not to dart out the door?

If I taught her to "stay" and "wait" would they work better than "come" after the fact?

I'm really scared for her now. I know that we should just block her from the door as a preventative when possible, but the trouble is she is kept in the entry room when we leave the house (she's gated from the rest of the house) because it is tile and that is where all her stuff is (like the potty patch). I'm scared that she'll dart out one day and get hit by a car or just not stop running...
Furbaby Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!