View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
cowgirlc
YT Addict

Question Please Help my baby is afraid of dogs!

Wow, I always wanted to know this, my baby is 10 pounds and 4 yrs old, he has never liked other dogs, not sure why or how to change this. He loves people and is very friendly to other humans, (unless of course they try to sit down next to me, then he gets kind of protective). The thing is I have two issues, the first is, I have to always be in his site away from home. I mean like everyone else who has a yorkie, you know they are always at your heal and you are no longer allowed to go to the bathroom alone…lol. The thing is this, He won't allow anyone else to pick him up and hold him. If I am standing there and someone takes him from my arms to give kisses or hugs, he squirms, and gets very agitated and excited to the point that he will literally leap from the persons arms to get back to me. Its as if he is afraid for anyone to handle him other than me. Now he goes everywhere with me in a shoulder bag with his head out and he is a perfect dog and loves giving kisses to people who pass by and want to pet him, and you are more than welcome to pet him, give him hugs and all as long as I am holding him in the bag or in my arms. Its like he is afraid I am giving him away or leaving him.

The next issue is other dogs, he is afraid of other dogs, again while in the bag if I visit someone who has a little dog, and that dog comes over to say hello, he will hide in his bag and do all he can to get away from the little dog, as if he is afraid to interact with another dog. I also have a chow mix, she is a medium size dog who is an outdoor dog, when we go outside my little one will chase the chow and bark and try to snip at her. But if any dog gets even the slightest bit close to him, he will climb up my leg trying to get away and you can see he is very uncomfortable. I mean even a little chiouwawa, he runs from them as well.

Has anyone ever had these problems and is there anything I can do to make my baby more social to other little dogs, he only likes human contact.

Thank you guys for helping, I just love Y-Talk!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!