View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
Great minds......actually I went back and added more so I may have been adding while you had posted. Good part is -- the info is there for her. I actually like your expen lined with pee pads idea better than keeping a diaper or belly bands on him. Hving a prostrate problem may make him pee with more frequency and make keeping him dry more diffcult. So changing pads in the pen might be an easier way of keeping him dry. Also an older, partially blind dog might need to be contained so as not to hurt himself.
I agree. I think this is the only time I will ever think belly bands are ok to use as a long term solution. The poor boy has a physical ailment which can cause him to have frequent accidents. You can double up on the belly bands and keeping him in an expen lined with piddle pads. Belly bands are relatively inexpensive. If I were you I would buy 3 or 4 and then line them with maxi pads so you can just toss the pads away and he can stay relatively dry. You don't need name brand pads either and you can wait to stock up when they're on sale. I used the belly bands and the pads when training my boy not to mark.

I paid no more than $12 for each belly band I have. They were custom made to fit my little boy. I had found some belly bands at PetSmart, but they were $16 and they had an elastic all around that I know my smart little yorkie would have found a way to get out of that.

Bless you for not wanting to just toss him back out on the street. It takes a very caring person to love and care for an older dog. May god bless you for all the kindness you've shown Bentley. He's lucky to have found you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!