View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
Whoa! You never took him to get microchipped scanned? Think lost not abandoned (stray)! My princess takes a bath goes outside and comes in half matted-f she were out and not brushed for two days I know she'd be dreaded and filthy.

Recovery Tips: Think Lost, Not Stray | Missing Pet Partnership

I think what you are doing is noble and out of kindness but consider this for a moment please:

You may be the reason someone is distressed over their missing furbaby! Any veterinary office should scan him for free for a microchip...post fliers, craigslist, ebay classifieds...you can report a found dog to a shelter (animal control) and let them know you will foster...until you do any of this you can easily be considered a dog thief.

I just feel so bad cnsidering all the people that post their lost baby on here-and judging by his condition...he could have been a rescue someone adopted several years ago! My pup mill pup rescue was adopted at 5 months-he has issue for the rest of his life due to his treatment prior to me...and reverts really easily imagine how he would have been if I had gotten him when he was say 3 years old and then lost him what he was 6...he may look a lot like the guy you found.
Okay saying you could easily be considered a dog thief was a little much,- but that's my second biggest fear with my dogs getting lost-#1 they are lost #2 they are found and kept! I don't want to be rude to you considering I just wanted to get your attention-

You could always take him the pound and then when the (each state has a different time period so check yours here it is up to) 45 max days are past and no one claims him-he's all yours, legally indisputably...you pay a small fee but the pound will health check him for you, microchip him, spay/neuter, vaccinate-that compared to the adoption fee not to mention they do dental care and feed while he's there-SUPER DEAL FOR YOU...just putting that out there...that seems to me the obvious right thing to do here.

You could even take him to a no kill rescue and they by law have to report the found dog to the pound and then they will either keep him or take him there and later rescue him from the pound after time period is up...
***Anyone know Yorkie rescue groups in her area? Please post them for her also...

Last edited by concretegurl; 12-28-2010 at 08:06 PM.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!