View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
mama2yorkies
YT Addict

Default Just introducing myself

Hi and Happy New Year to everyone at YT! I’ve been lurking for a while and started posting recently. Everyone has made me feel so welcome. I’m so glad to have found this site. I thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I’m the very proud Mommy to Ivan and Iris. They are my first dogs. They are littermates and will be two in March. We’ve had them since they were about 9 ½ weeks old. Ivan is a big boy at about 9 lbs and Iris is my little princess at 6 lbs. They are my babies and I fall more and more in love with them every day. We started out knowing practically nothing about raising puppies or being responsible pet owners. We are committed to learning all that we can and being the best pup parents that we can be. It’s been a big learning curve! I wish I had known more before we got our pups as we bought with our hearts and not our heads.

We have been working with a holistic vet for the past several months with good results. We feed raw and titer for vaccines. Both pups have been though LP surgery and we finally have Ivan’s chronic GI issues under control.

I’m also a fan of positive training. We’ve been through several classes and Ivan is a CGC dog. I’m interested in continuing with more training and maybe getting them into agility but worried about their knees.

We love to go to the park, or local Yorkie meet ups, and they travel well on road trips with us.

Thank you to all for this great site. I look forward to learning more and getting to know all of you. Whishing a very Happy New Year to you and your pups!
mama2yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!