View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
caw
YT Addict

Please don't give up on your little dog. Daisy did that from time-to-time when she was younger (she will be 2 years old January 8th). She doesn't do it anymore....and hasn't for many months. I talked to a dog trainer I know about this and he says it's hard to get rid of once it starts (I don't know what good "that" bit of information will do, but I thought I'd throw it in). Perhaps you could go to a Petsmart trainer and see what they say about what you could do. It didn't bother me, I just had a cleaner on hand and cleaned up the piddle whenever she did it. The cleaners are so good now, it really wasn't an issue with me. You know, maybe your little dog senses the irritation and this makes submissive peeing an ongoing thing? I don't know, just throwing that out there. I have read that totalling ignoring your dog when you first come in eventually will help. That's what I did. Maybe your little dog is just way too excited about ya'll coming home. Perhaps when ya'll leave to go somewhere, you could leave your dog in a tiled area, like the kitchen. When you back, totally ignore her/him at first, when your dog settles down some, let it out of the tiled area without making eye contact or saying anything and allow it to come to YOU. Maybe that would end the submissive peeing cycle. I hope you find a solution. Good luck to you!
caw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!