View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I created this post back in May when I was so very proud of my Tell Bell ringing super star, Cooper. And still, Cooper is 100% perfectly trained.

My 7 month old Max is a Tell Bell ringing lunatic and trickster. He rings it all day long, whether he wants to go potty or sit outside in the sun. He rings it so hard that every single time it flips over. When I ignore him, he takes it in his mouth into another room.

He started something new last week. He and Cooper were teasing back and forth with a toy. After about 1/2 hour of play, Max gets up and slams the bell repeatedly. "Oh good he needs to potty", I think. So i get up, walk to the door, turn the knob and open it. Cooper and I go outside while Max darts back to where Cooper left the toy!! He now tricks Cooper and myself to open the door so he can get his toy.

So this morning I decided start over by treating him every time he rings and potties. I'm hoping starting over will help. Also now, when he rings the bell I take him out and after 1 minute if he doesn't potty, he comes back in. If he goes out to sit, he comes right back in.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!