Thread: Play Time
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

That sounds normal.... puppies just want to play play play. Some dogs are naturally more active than cuddlers. In general, Jackson would much rather be playing with another dog than with me but we have our moments too. I've established our bond through clicker training, agility classes, and just spending time with him, etc. I remember first bringing him home at 9 weeks old and he was so scared and confused, but once we got home and he saw my dads dog, he just lit up and his personality suddenly came out!

We have an extremely tight bond, but he's still not really a cuddly dog at 2yrs old. He prefers me not to hold him for long, he rarely will actually sit on my lap and stay there for long periods of time... he sleeps in my bed every night though and always curls up next to my leg and he always has to be within seeing distance of me and follows me from room to room, and nothing beats his excitement when I walk in the door. He shows me affection in a different way and I don't mind it. Every dog is different!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!