View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
Brodies Mommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

I guess I'm the only person on YT that thinks it is a sin that dog owners can't get help yet there are a trillion support groups for people with human children who can't afford them. Heck - their are food stamps and WIC for people who can't even afford food for their kids yet elect to have them anyways! This was just my opinion. I, obviously, have cared for my pet on my own and think it is great all of you are able to. I'm just saying I think it is sad there aren't other options other than "surrendering your pet" or going into credit card debt. Hospitals even do surgeries for free on humans that have had tons of bills and can't afford another surgery. Does no one else agree our pets deserve the same treatment? I have personally donated money to women who stand on the street handing out fliers that their kid needs a bone marrow transplant. I just felt like this lady was trying to do the same for her dog. She even offered to give you the contact info of the vet, which is more than most of the people who need money for their kids give! I'm not saying I have the money, or that you should give to her, I was just saying I wish there was SOMEWHERE a person with a doggie they love could turn to when they are out of money and their pup needs help. You never know someone's circumstances. It could happen to any of us!
Brodies Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!