View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodies Mommy View Post
I hate that this happens!!! And I get so upset by peoples replies that she should just give up the dog! As a dog owner that has had some SERIOUS vet bills I want to point out that there is no way to "prepare" to have a dog. My little love bug cost me over $11,000 the first year I had him. I don't know many people who have that much saved in a "dog fund" before getting that new addition - and very few people should have to! It is a real shame that vets charge more than physicians!! Working with doctors every day they are always amazed when I tell them how much an xray costs for a dog... yet that same xray would be free on a much larger human being who has insurance! And that is just one example of a charge that is way over the top of what it would be for a human! Not only that, but pet insurance hardly covers anything! IMHO it is outrageous how little there is available for our doggies! And even more outrageous that when your dog is diagnosed with a congenital issue pet insurance can cancel them completely!
It is amazing to me that people can ask for help with $$ when their CHILD needs a surgery and people are willing to help without suggesting they give their kid away, but when the same happens with a dog it is suggested. My dog IS my child! Just a thought...
I feel for this lady
Having worked in a couple of hospitals and having seen my family's medical bills, I strongly disagree that canine care costs more than human health care. Insurance does not make something "free."

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!