View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
smepperson
YT Addict

Omg URGENT ~ need help!

Ok...so we took Teddi to the groomer 2 wks ago. When I picked him up she said she had expressed his anal glands as well as the trim, bath etc. I asked if he really needed it and if there was stuff in them and she said "A little." I was a bit bothered by that because I don't feel anyone but my vet should be doing it.

I took him a few days ago and he has been at his butt constantly like something is biting him in the butt. He will be fine and then suddenly turn to his butt really quickly like he is being bitten or something.

So tonight after my hubby came back from their walk Teddi pooed on the pee pee pad and Dave noticed it was stuck a bit - (he's been doing the typical puppy thing of putting everything in his mouth and I shed long blonde hairs). so it was stuck in there and he pulled it out but felt like there might be something still in there. He had me look at it and when I did I saw a little pink lump inside his puckering poop shoot. The anal glands are located on either side of his anus correct? Could the expressing have caused a hemmoroid????? I just am kind of freaking out a bit. Needless to say he will NOT be going back to that groomer, besides this incident here, the last time I took him in I had to leave him there for 2 hours before I could pick him up.

We used to groom Gizmo ourselves after several attempts to find someone decent and them screwing it up. I just thought it would be easier for him to get used to it with the groomer first. I am so mad at myself for this!

Any feedback or suggestions would really help!! Am thinking of taking him to the ER tonight.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!