View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
RoxysMomma
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default When should I start worrying??

My Roxy's (who is having a minimum of 7 puppies) due date is today. When I took her to the vet this past monday and had the xrays done the vet told me that there was a puppy already in the birth canal.. and she should be having the puppies any minute now.

Needless to say i've been on pins and needles ever since and she has still not even begun to show any signs of going into labor. Her temp did get down to 98.4 two nights ago, however it's stayed at a steady 99.5 to 99.9 since. She has an outrageous appetite (I guess she should considering the size of her labor) and she's not acting any different than her normal self.. Except of course she waddles everywhere and she can't jump on the couches like she'd like. She is sleeping more than usual and she's become an extremely picky eater.

At what point do I become concerned and call the vet? She's not in pain, she's not in any type of distress... I think i'm worrying mainly because the vet told me about the puppy in the birth canal.

For those that are way more experienced than myself.. have you ever experienced this with your bitch? and if so, what did you do?
RoxysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!