View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
chachi
I Love My Yorkies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcabbyw
Ohh poor little guy, already battling itchy allergies at an early age. I feel for you, it can be pretty frustrating, and upseting when you dont know what to do to help him.

My Yorkie and I battled her allergies for over two years. We tried eeeveeery single food out there, from the bad stuff sold in the grocery stores, to high quality brands, allergy formulas, and even home cooked meals. Each time, I finished the bag before starting another. After trying all those brands, I went to my Vet to see what else I could try. He told me to give her benedryl, and at times her allergies flaired up so badly that he gave her cortisone pills to calm it down. It worked some, but not completely.

I finally got tired of my Vet using medications as a bandaid for her allergies. It wasnt solving the problem. I also didnt like the idea of giving her a pill for the rest of her life. I went to a holistic Vet, who pretty much convinced me to feed the only thing I havent tried, raw food. He also got me to stop using advantage and treat the flea problem naturally.

It was a HUGE step, it was so different that it didnt seem natural. I was definitely worried about feeding raw, and didnt want to do anything that would harm her. This was back in July, and let me tell you... after two freakin years of battling allergies, shes finally at peace and not itching AT ALL.

I know that this wasnt what you were asking but I hope you (or someone) can be helped by my story. Goodluck
How are you treating the flea problem naturally. I would really like to know my dog has bad allergies. He is especially allergic to fleas. The problem with the advantage is it allows the fleas to get on them then kills them. My dog cannot tolerate even one dying flea on him. He has chewed open wounds on himself. We have been treating him with meds and they dont help.
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!