View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #10
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosZoey View Post
A couple of days ago, we got a Yorkie from a no-kill shelter. She is 3 years old and has had puppies. She has also been spayed. She is very mellow, doesn't jump, or bark, likes to lay around. Do you think she will liven up and start playing once she gets used to her surroundings? Start barking? She has only barked once?
Depends...I'd wait two weeks before you get an idea of how she really is.
I wouldn't complain about her NOT barking though to be honest, and NOT jumping-she sounds either timid or well behaved or both! Only 3 and has already had pups-I hope she's almost 4 and it was her first and only litter! Was she just altered? Do you know anything about her history? Congrats though for getting your Yorkie baby and bless you for going to a rescue!

I got a very abused pup, from a rescue like you-actually a pound but they have a "rehab no kill in house" anyways, he hid for 8 days, he was okay during the adoption process slightly timid-we got home and ran under tables, behind the couch-was a shadow on the wall dashing here to there ducking into "safety" hiding places! He took a lot of work, he's a maniac now!

My Elvis is literally (I was just talking about this on here) the definition of a "lap dog" okay if there was one he'd be pictured next to the definition. There's another forum on here about Yorkie's playing fetch-I noted how he looks at me as though I am retarded when I throw a toy and try to get him to chase it like my other two dogs...well guess what last night he chased a toy and didn't just try to kill it he brought it to me and I threw it again, he joined in the other dogs in playing fetch for the first time since I've had him-almost a year!

So it takes awhile-a week or even a year! I'd be hesitant to say you'd have any major behavioral changes without a serious reason though-just adjustments and whatever work you do with them-well and sudden surprises like an interest in fetch!
We want pics!
What's her name?
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!