View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

No rawhide......too many deaths from those. I would also stay away from bully sticks which can cause serious diarrhea and will keep him from wanting his food. He's at the age when it's very, very important to learn good eating habits, so I wouldn't give treat either unless it's a little dried fruit or fresh apple or carrots. Nylabones are safe if you get the ones that are soft enough that you can leave a nail imprint. No rubber toys with squeekers that are in view, as they can get those out and choke to death. Little stuffed toys that have squeeker inside is fine. One of the safest things to give is a beef femur bone. One that's not over 2". Just take the marrow out of the middle, cut off all the meat and wash really well. It's the primal and favorite way to go. Ask the butcher for those. You could also just buy a steak with the little round bone in it. Here is what I buy for my girls................
Attached Thumbnails
Best toys, chew and otherwise for new 19 week puppy?-4-22-08-beef-marrow-bones-002.jpg   Best toys, chew and otherwise for new 19 week puppy?-4-22-08-beef-marrow-bones-001.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!