Thread: My Skinny Atia
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
Bozo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My Skinny Atia

I tried to attach a picture of almost 3 lb. 6 month old Atia, the kennel-cough-cured Lithuahian/Belarusian wolf-type Yorkie complete with tail uncropped.

After antibiotics since 11/11, she is a whole lot better. She has that Yorkie trachia (sp?) cough extremely bad though (as if she is fighting a leash).

While she was sick, she was allowed to eat anything--the vet(s) and breeder said it was better that she eat unhealthy food than not eating at all.

Soooooo, after liver sausage with kibble, greasy hamburger with kibble, ribeye steak with kibble, turkey and gravy with kibble, etc. etc., it has become a standoff to get her back on kibble with a little freshly cooked chicken breast!

If I managed to get her picture on here, you will be able to see how thin she is. She's active as can be (more like a little monkey than a dog--this one might be agility material!)

Do you folks have any thoughts on this? I've had 2 Yorkies before her but never one so little and thin. Do I stand my ground or what? And if it's the "or what", what do I try to feed her? Baby food and canned dog food with kibble are "unacceptable" to the princess too.
Attached Thumbnails
My Skinny Atia-atia-yorkietalk.jpg  
Bozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!