View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
Candibee
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlin Beauxs View Post
I understand & respect you not wanting to use the crate...I have 2 crates for Baxter and Cooper, they are in the breakfast area, and are always kept with the door open. They go in them from time to time if I am in the same room.

I used the crate when they were puppies when I was cleaning, or there was a lot of activity in the house, where I was scared they could get stepped on, or dash out the front door. We still kennel them from time to time when we are making short trips to town and don't feel like lugging our freestanding gate in. They are almost always greet us in a less hysterical fashion when we come home Another example is when we have company, because Cooper does not like kids.

If Silver ever has to have a surgery and has to be kept quiet for a while, the crate is good for that too.

Like 107Barney, I always gave them a nice treat, so they always go to their kennels willingly.

I'm not trying to push the crate on you, just giving you some instances where it comes in handy.
Yea I just didn't see the point since I am always here and she is pretty good now compared to when we first got her. And if we go out she is usually put in the hallway with the baby gate up because I never know how long I am going to be gone sometimes and I couldn't leave her in the crate especially since she can't hold her bladder and stuff long. And I do plan on getting her spayed as soon as she's able and at that time I was thinking I might squish an x-pen in the living room and stick her in so she won't be trying to jump up and stuff.

Candibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!