View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
jinhopark
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplg8r View Post
Also, we're now having the problem of Bella liking to chew the puppy pads. She completely rips the edges to pieces and tries to eat them. She also picks it up and carries it around with her. I tried to fold it up so she can't see the edges and place it in her litter box pan, but she still grabs it. I've seen things at petsmart where there is a puppy pad holder, but all the reviews I've read about them say that they don't keep the puppy from digging it out. Any ideas here?
Our puppy also likes to chew up the pee pads, so we bought the Ugodog and placed them under the grates so she couldn't get at them any more. She really took to peeing on the Ugodog with very little instruction from us, other than lot's of praise whenever she does her business on it. We recently ran out of the pee pads, and so we transitioned to the much cheaper recycled newspapers and she does her business on those without skipping a beat. The only problem with newspapers Vs. pee pads is they are not as absorbent, and so the daily changes can be a little bit messier...our little one has a tendency to pee on the same spot over and over thus over saturating that area allowing the pee to puddle, Vs. the pee pad is a lot more absorbent and acts more like a sponge, so when she pees on top of the same area it wicks it to the dry spot and does not allow it to puddle.

I do not work for Ugodog, nor have any vested interest other than to say it has worked for our little girl. We'll probably go back to using the pee pads for the reasons I explained above, so we won't see the savings that they list on their website of using the Ugodog with newspapers Vs. using a pee pad...so basically we use our Ugodog as an overly priced pee pad holder ($50 shipped), and for that it works very good for us.
jinhopark is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!