View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
SLewis024
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Skin infection (yucky pic included)

Friday I took London to a groomer in my area for a bath and sanitary trim. When I got her back she was itching herself and trying to chew herself and would roll on the floor a lot. I didn't think anything of it because she like to roll over cuz she thinks every time she does it she'll get a treat, haha. But today my boyfriend and I were petting her at the same time and my fingers hit a rough spot. So I took her and examined the spot where it felt "scabby" It was all black and rough, kind red around it and she was missing her fur! I panicked and took her to the emergency vet (which was quite a show since I am in a left leg immobilizer because I tore my ACL, MCL and miniscus and I drive a standard) and they gave me 10 days worth of antibiotics, cleaned it up and shaved it and gave her cortisone shots. Now I feel bad but I am disgusted by this. The vet said it looks bacterial and she probably got it from the groomer because she isn't around other dogs at home and the groomer wont call me back. Does anyone know if this is something that people can catch? I'm a slight germ-a-phobe so this is really grossing me out. Do I need to bleach all of my linens and such? I'm moving in less than a week and this on top of everything else I am about to lose my mind. Any feedback would be appreciated. I want my little poopers better

I posted a picture from after the vet but it's not great quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-12-21_17.58.20.jpg (26.1 KB, 170 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!