View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Amanda11
YorkieTalk Newbie!

My puppy is about 5-6 months old and is doing the same thing with the puppy pads. I put him in his cage when I have to run errands or leave the house and when I come home-the pad is in shreds! I assume he does it because he's mad I'm gone and didn't take him. So I used masking tape (its at least 1 1/2''), yes it takes a few minutes, but so does cleaning up the chewed up pad-plus I know he won't choke on the mat. The tape would most likely stick to his fur if he got it up, but he hasn't so far.
I have to say that I've read leaving your pup in the cage all night, and while your at work is not the best idea. It's quite a long time! So maybe all the cage time is making your pup act out and do some of the things you mentioned. My pup sleeps with us, I keep a box with a mat in it that is just large enough for him to turn back n forth so he can do his duty if he needs to at night. This has been really helpful because he actually never really needs the box-so he's learning to hold his 'potty needs' longer-like older dogs. I don't know if you just don't want yours to sleep w/you, but it might be worth a try! Good luck.
Amanda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!