View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
yorkiesincommon
YT Addict

Dog Sme types of infection in the lungs does not produce fever in puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliOliviaLoves View Post
I have had my dog since Nov. 7th she is 19wks and 2lbs. After getting her round of shots she started coughing, it led to the vet diagnosing her with Kennel cough and put her on clavamox and robitussin dm. After 2 weeks of her on that, it seemed to somewhat go away--so we took her back to the vet to get her next round of shots. After that last round, her coughing came back and was a little worse-- I asked the vet to give us one more round of antibiotics (amoxicillion) and a cough suppressent- right now we are on day 2 of this, still coughing--but not as much, but still going on coughin tangents (15secs or so) every now and then. The vet recommended us getting an xray (350 dollars) to see if she has CT-- I am not a 100% sure of this happening because I have read many times that it wont always show up, and if she does have it--theres not much you can do for her besides a slightly different life style.

Basically I am just confused-- I am not sure what to do, nor did I know this babygirl would cost so much within the 1st month that we have had her. Is it Kennel cough and allergies or CT? She is eating, drinking and acting normal other than the coughing. Each time we went to the vet they said her lungs were clear, and no temperature. I also want to know if I should get a 2nd opinion, is my vet misleading me? Should I do everything they are telling me to or should I just wait and see what the antibiotics do. I also read that KC lasts awhile in little dogs, we are going on a month right now.. I just need help and direction.
Puppies are a world unto themselves. I have had a puppy with apsirate pne. and he did not run a fever because he was so compromised his little system could not regulate normally. Judging degree of illness by temperature may not be the best indicator with a puppy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!