Thread: Holiday Hazard
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
boopster
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I would add PEOPLE to the list.

I'm going to have at least 16 guests in my house for Christmas eve... Nearly everybody wants to hold or play with the cute llittle Yorkie, including two adolescents who have emotional problems... to the point that when they are coming I lock up all the medicines, alcohol, and sharp things like razors, and spend most of my time following them around to make sure they don't get into anything. I would lock Tallulah up, but she is still not handling solitary confinement well.

So I have had a heart-to-heart with the guardian of the kids that it is no longer acceptable for her and her husband to bring the kids over and not supervise them. And that if they aren't willing to commit to close supervision, they aren't welcome in my home. Period. It wasn't so important to me when there were only things at risk -- but I'm not taking any risks with Talllulah.

I have one of those soft doggy knapsacks and am planning on keeping Tallulah right with me all evening -- to protect her from being stepped on, over-handled, and fed treats from people who think it's mean to "deprive" the cute little doggie.

Wow -- I didn't realize how uptight I'm feeling about Christmas Eve until I finished writing this. Guess it's time to break out the eggnog.
boopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!