View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #15
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I really have no advice, but wanted to say that a friend of mine who is in rescue went through this. She has Doxies. Never had an issue and one day came home and found her oldest and sickest had been attacked by the three of them. She had 19 puntures on her. She rushed her to the vet but she was in too bad a shape and had to be put down. She was sick over it. She said she had them for years, but the oldest and sickest she had from a pup. She said she would never hurt them or wish them bad but couldn't look at them. She ended up rehoming them, which I think was better. She just could not get the picture out of her head of her litte baby laying in pain dying when she got home. And, this is a very responsible woman who devotes all her time to rescue. I'm not sure if she'll get another again or not but she is fostering an old man from a neglect case that isn't a Doxie and who will probably stay with her until the end as he is not really adoptable. I"m sorry for your mom and for the little girl. I pray God keeps her from suffering. It is very tragic. Elaine.
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!