Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
OliOliviaLoves
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Exclamation Help

I got our new baby who is 19 weeks old (2lbs) on November 7-- We went and got her shots, and then she came down with this cough, gaging sound. We took her back to the vet and they said she had kennel cough, and gave us clavamox and told us to do the Robitussin DM for her little cough. 2 weeks later, her cough was somewhat gone so we went ahead and got her the 2nd round of shots she needed. The next few days her cough got worse and is going in spurts--but she is acting normal, no temp, eating and drinking fine. The vet said it may not be kennel cough and we needed to come and get x-rays because it may be a CT. I have always read that CT doesnt show up on an Xray and that you just have to live with the CT because there's not much you can do. So I asked the vet for one more round of antibiotics (amoxi.) and a cough suppressant to see if it works.

Mainly my questions are- am I doing the right thing? Her coughs are for about 15-20 secs at times, then there are times where she doesn't cough at all. Is the X-RAY worth it? Is she in pain? Could it be allergies and kennel cough together? I also keep reading that it takes some dogs weeks/months to get over Kennel cough..

I am just very confused and feel bad for her, we didn't have problems with our 3 year old like this..I am very lost and do not want to get taken advantage by our vet.
OliOliviaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!