View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 04:59 AM   #4
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Where did you get her? Does she sleep next to her pee? My Scoobers did this-it was a tell-tale sign of him having been a caged pup mill pup...however despite what some people say I believe some dogs are "spiteful" more so they are displaying dominance... sorry I don't understand this comment. "lola sleeps with my n ny hubby so I dont know y she acts that way." Block her from the area completely if she behaves badly it has to be dealt with but I think first you have to see weather it's a behavior "defect" based on some issue or weather she's just "marking"...
If it is because she was similar to my Scoobers-well here's what I did and I'm not sure many recommend this but I tried and tried to get him to potty outside like a "normal dog" and we'd go out and literally take two or three house walks, he'd not potty we'd get home and he'd potty (yes both 1 & 2) by his bed and then rest...so anyways this is last resort to normal training-I got him to potty in a potty pad in the bathroom...at least it was in the bathroom and he learned he couldn't anywhere else (again he was afraid of grass too when I first got him so...). He finally got over most of it with lots of work but man was it weird for one of the dogs to run in from the yard to got potty in the bathroom on pads-ye a fun fun phase-finally he goes outside, but it was the understanding that he needed little tiny steps not normal sized steps in training...I
f it's just 'marking' block access and kennel instead of sleeping with...most markers can be broken within a week if you tether them to you and catch them every time...but again they literally need to be leashed to you for this training and you can't top once started, also makig sure all potty and the entire scent is gone is critical-if it smells like potty there that's the potty spot. Silly to ask also because it's so unlikely, but does she maybe have a bladder issue-my Elvis has seizures and rarely he has an accident, he's asleep somewhere and will suddenly wake up and wee there...I would have never realized the reason if I hadn't seen him do it and the look of confusion and fear he had as he wee-ed and then ran for the door to the yard...totally an accident caused by a lack of bladder control.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!