View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

It is a horrible situation for all concerned, especially difficult at holiday time. I think as you were already advised, taking one day at a time is the wy to go. As long as she is eating well and you can see she has some enjoyment in her life, I would try to help her keep going and maybe heal this wound. If it comes to the point that she is in too much pain, then you can change the course and agree that she needs help ending her life. I hope this will not have to be done at Christmas though. It is so hard when a loss is asociated with a holiday.

I had a 17 1/2 year old dachshund that I was asked about euthenasia several times. I always said that as long I kept seeing sparks of my girl enjoying her life, I could not do it. She did not have a horrible wound to deal with though -- just the normal problems of being that old: arthritis, blind, and deaf). Whatever decision you, your family, and the vet come to -- know that it is the right one for you all. No one else can know what is right for you and your dog's particular circumstance. The important thing is that she was given 15+ years of wonderful love and devotion. Prayers for you all!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!