View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeda9999 View Post
Gilmore is doing great. We had our re-check last week and the doctor said he is doing very well because he is using his leg. He was luckily able to weight bear on the leg pretty much right after surgery. We are now allowed to give him three 10 minute slow walks a day. He has so much energy pent up it is not easy to contain him outside. I am feeding him his meals with a Kong. I stuff small amounts of his kibble in the kong with small pieces of apple, carrots, string beans, or cheese and it seems to keep him busy for a while. Then I refill with the rest of his kibble. So far it is working great and he is eating and having fun. I have put bins around the house so when I put his crate down I place it on a bin rather than the floor. I think he feels more involved because he is at eye level.
We have survived the first 3 weeks. I am so happy he doesn't seem to have any pain. I am amazed each day with his spunk and spirit. I am lucky to have him.

Thank-you to everyone for your advice and your shoulders. I don't know what I would do without you guys.
That's great news. Walks will help him use some of that energy, too. That's wonderful that you are trying to keep him at eye level with what you are doing. I agree that they like to feel involved, too. I'm sure he will continue to improve.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!