View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
eggroll
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default when dogs fight...

hello all!

i have a question about when dogs fight. my dog, pumpkin, is normally an aggressive dog. she barks at EVERY dog she sees, except a few selected ones. my friend has a chihuahua who is normally okay with other dogs as well. pumpkin and the chihuahua used to live with each other and were okay together occasionally. they play and they fight but it was nothing major. when pumpkin and i came to visit a few days ago, the chihuahua was not welcoming of pumpkin at all. pumpkin will wander around or sit next to me -- minding her own business, and the chihuahua would growl at pumpkin, get closer to her and the growl even louder. pumpkin growls back and that's when i picked pumpkin up. then the chihuahua tries to attack as i get pumpkin away. i actually got a big bruise on my arm from separating the two.

i think if pumpkin could just ignore the chihuahua, there wouldn't be any fight but it seems like the chihuahua was provoking her and pumpkin was only defending herself. i was wondering why do they fight? and is there any hope for them to play like normal again? it just makes me sad that the only dog that she actually got along with before doesn't like her.
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!