View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Welcome to Yorkie Talk. You need to treat your yard in order to really get the fleas under control. You puppy is old enough for regular Advantage. I have used Advantage on pups 9 to 10 weeks old with no problems and it does work, although I hate using it very often but sometimes we have no choice. Fleas are horrible here in Texas.

Once you break the flea cycle they should be easier to control. Another thing you can do with your puppy is to comb the puppy daily with a flea comb, that won't completely solve your problem but it will help to get rid of some of the fleas. When I comb my puppies I have a small tub of soapy water by me so if I find a flea I will drop the flea in the soapy water.

In order to really get the fleas under control you have to break their breeding cycle. Once a flea lays eggs the eggs can hatch out within a few days or a few months, depending on the temperature. Hopefully other will have some input on what other products might work at solving your problem.

Last edited by bjh; 12-17-2010 at 07:58 AM.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!