View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salembev View Post
Thank you . I feed her extra throughout the day with Iams puppy food - chicken and rice, keep her dry food filled, as well as give her milk supplement, chicken broth, and french vanilla ice cream before bed. I will make her extra chicken and try cottage cheese - How do you prepare the egg?
Bev
I would discontinue the vanilla ice cream. I give mine a few drips that i scrape from the bottom of the bowl but never much at a time as cow milk is not good for them. When you say milk supplement, do you mean the puppy milk? That is good for momma dog. You can mix it with distilled water to make a "milk" or just mix the powder itself into soft food. A little yogurt is great too. When I gave egg, I just scrambled it without any butter or oil, easy to jus tdo in the microwave.

She definately needs the puppy food but a premium food would be better than IAMS. For calcium supplement, ask the vet for sure, but I gave mine a 1/2 Tums a day. I also had a liquid calcium aupplement that the vet gave me already drawn in syringes to use for the first week.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!