View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
shodanusmc
BANNED!

Donna, totally understand the Horse Analogy. While I did not frow up around them, as an adult, we have had several. We had a Hanoverian/Thoroughbred Cross that my daughters rode in showjumping. We started out while they were young, with an old Horse that was safe, able to jump 3 feet without stopping, and calm. As they progressed, I made a mistake and got them too much horse in a 6 year old Thoroughbred gelding that spent several years at the track. It was a very athletic but also very high strung, and would sometimes stop. After almost killing them, we then got the cross. The Hanoverian balanced out the Thoroughbred, and they excelled in it, and we sold the horse years later to another family with young riders that wanted a safe horse. Since them I have had several Thoroughbreds at the track here, cost a lot to maintain and run, and was a losing proposition, but had a great time watching them. Also had a couple of middle age Quarter Horses that I kept at a friends barn in a far burb. Now horseless, and just a Dogman! Maxine is far from standard, and we know it. Again, thank you for all the input, your thoughts, and straight speak. I appreciate all you and others have to offer.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!